Hi, all. In the last week, I replaced linked list with hash table in SerializableXact. I only replace inConflicts and outConflicts. The other linked lists, such as possibleUnsafeConflicts, I will modify them after other things work well.
There are still some bugs: the abort rate is much higher than before (from 11.3% to 72%). I'll figure out what's wrong in the next few days. My design is as follow: For hash table, key is the pointer of SerializableXact; Value is the RWConflictData object. Hashcode is generated based on the SerializableXact pointer. So, given a SerializableXact, we can quickly find if it is conflict with another SerializableXact. Every SerializableXact has two tables: inConflictsTab and outConflictsTab. They are allocated and initialized when creating PredXactList (in the function InitPredicateLocks). When a SerializableXact object is released, it will release all its RWConflict objects, the hash tables are empty again. Thus They can be reused directly after releasing. NOTE: I stored RWConflictData in hash tables, instead of RWConflict object allocated by RWConflictPool. After I remove other linked lists, the RWConflictPool can be omitted. My code is on the : https://github.com/liumx10/postgresql/commit/3fd9a7488de5ae19ce2ce19eae5f303153a079ff There are 3 main modifications in summary: 1) Initializing hash table. Related functions: InitPredicateLocks 2) Setting, releasing and checking RWConflicts. Related functions: RWConflictExists, SetRWConflict, ReleaseRWConflict 3) There are some functions scanning all RWConflict in a SerializableXact. Related functions: ReleasePredicateLocks, ReleaseOneSerializableXact, CheckForSerializableConflictOut, CheckForSerializableConflictIn, OnConflict_CheckForSerializationFailure, PreCommit_CheckForSerializationFailure Sincerely -- Mengxing Liu