On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 10:08:53AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Noah Misch <n...@leadboat.com> writes:
> > I recommend pushing your patch so the August back-branch releases have it.
> > One can see by inspection that your patch has negligible effect on systems
> > healthy today.  I have a reasonable suspicion it will help some systems.  If
> > others remain broken after this, that fact will provide a useful clue.
> Okay, so that leaves us with a decision to make: push it into beta2, or
> wait till after wrap?  I find it pretty scary to push a patch with
> portability implications so soon before wrap, but a quick look at the
> buildfarm suggests we'd get runs from 3 or 4 Windows members before the
> wrap, if I do it quickly.  If we wait, then it will hit the field in
> production releases with reasonable buildfarm testing but little more.
> That's also pretty scary.
> On balance I'm tempted to push it now for beta2, but it's a close call.
> Thoughts?

Pushing now for beta2 sounds good.

Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:

Reply via email to