On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 10:46:09AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Magnus Hagander <mag...@hagander.net> writes:
> > On Jul 10, 2017 16:08, "Tom Lane" <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> >> Okay, so that leaves us with a decision to make: push it into beta2, or
> >> wait till after wrap?  I find it pretty scary to push a patch with
> >> portability implications so soon before wrap, but a quick look at the
> >> buildfarm suggests we'd get runs from 3 or 4 Windows members before the
> >> wrap, if I do it quickly.  If we wait, then it will hit the field in
> >> production releases with reasonable buildfarm testing but little more.
> >> That's also pretty scary.
> >> On balance I'm tempted to push it now for beta2, but it's a close call.
> >> Thoughts?
> > Given the lack of windows testing on non packaged releases I think we
> > should definitely push this for beta2. That will give it a much better real
> > world testing on what is still a beta.
> > If it breaks its a lot better to do it in beta2 (and possibly quickly roll
> > a beta3) than in production.
> Shall we go for broke and also remove the ASLR-disabling patch in beta2?
> I do not feel a need to back-patch that one, at least not yet.  But if
> we're going to do it any time soon, a beta seems like the time.

As I mentioned in my message eight hours ago, no.

Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:

Reply via email to