On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 1:57 PM, Etsuro Fujita
<fujita.ets...@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> On 2017/07/11 6:56, Robert Haas wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 6:20 AM, Etsuro Fujita
>> <fujita.ets...@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>>>
>>> So, I dropped the COPY part.
>>

>> Ouch.  I think we should try to figure out how the COPY part will be
>> handled before we commit to a design.
>

> I spent some time on this.  To handle that, I'd like to propose doing
> something similar to \copy (frontend copy): submit a COPY query "COPY ...
> FROM STDIN" to the remote server and route data from a file to the remote
> server.  For that, I'd like to add new FDW APIs called during CopyFrom that
> allow us to copy to foreign tables:

The description seems to support only COPY to a foreign table from a
file, but probably we need the support other way round as well. This
looks like a feature (support copy to and from a foreign table) to be
handled by itself.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat