On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 8:49 PM, Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 9:58 AM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> The problem here is exactly that we cannot transmit the leader's
>> state to the worker.  You can't blame it on SET ROLE, because
>> I didn't do one.
>
> Hmm, that's a good reason for holding it blameless.  In this case,
> I'll blame the fact that we allow a role to be dropped while there are
> users connected using that role.

The similar could happen with schema as well.  For example, even if
you have set the schema name in the search_path of session-1, it will
still be allowed to drop the schema from another session.  Now, we
will pass the dropped schema name as part of search_path to the
parallel worker.  It won't lead to any error because we don't check
catalog while setting the value of search_path GUC.

I am not sure whether we need to bother about this, but I thought it
might help in choosing the approach to fix this problem.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.