Hi hackers,

Currently, the passwordcheck module provides a few basic checks to strengthen
passwords.  However, any configuration must be ready at compile time, and many
common password requirements cannot be enforced without creating a custom
version of this module.  I think there are a number of useful parameters that
could be added to enable common password restrictions, including the following
list, which is based on some asks from our customers:

        passwordcheck.min_password_length
        passwordcheck.min_uppercase_letters
        passwordcheck.min_lowercase_letters
        passwordcheck.min_numbers
        passwordcheck.min_special_chars
        passwordcheck.superuser_can_bypass
        passwordcheck.max_expiry_period
        passwordcheck.force_new_password

I'd like to use this thread to gauge community interest in adding this
functionality to this module.  If there is interest, I'll add it to the next
commitfest.

Nathan