On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 1:22 AM, Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 1, 2017 at 3:48 PM, Greg Stark <st...@mit.edu> wrote:
> > Well these kinds of monitoring systems tend to be used by operations
> > people who are a lot more practical and a lot less worried about
> > theoretical concerns like that.
>
> +1, well said.

+1 as well. I think these people would be perfectly find by it changing
across a version upgrade as long as they know that's the deal. *Most* of
the time there is no version upgrade going on, so it would work fine that
time.

Most operations people already deal with a lot of such parameters changing
around. I'm sure most of them would be more than happy with an improvement,
even if it's not mathematically perfect.

--
 Magnus Hagander