Le 31/10/2017 à 22:28, srielau a écrit :
> Pavel,
>
> There is no
> DECLARE TEMP CURSOR
> or
> DECLARE TEMP variable in PLpgSQL
> and
> CREATE TEMP TABLE has a different meaning from what I understand you
> envision for variables.
>
> But maybe I'm mistaken. Your original post did not describe the entire
> syntax:
> CREATE [TEMP] VARIABLE [IF NOT EXISTS] name AS type
>   [ DEFAULT expression ] [[NOT] NULL]
>   [ ON TRANSACTION END { RESET | DROP } ]
>   [ { VOLATILE | STABLE } ];
>
> Especially the TEMP is not spelled out and how its presence affects or
> doesn't ON TRANSACTION END.
> So may be if you elaborate I understand where you are coming from.

I think that the TEMP keyword can be removed. If I understand well the
default scope for variable is the session, every transaction in a
session will see the same value. For the transaction level, probably the
reason of the TEMP keyword, I think the [ ON TRANSACTION END { RESET |
DROP } ] will allow to restrict the scope to this transaction level
without needing the TEMP keyword. When a variable is created in a
transaction, it is temporary if "ON TRANSACTION END DROP" is used
otherwise it will persist after the transaction end. I guess that this
is the same as using TEMP keyword?

--
Gilles Darold
Consultant PostgreSQL