Andrew Dunstan writes:

> Seriously, I have wondered if it might be a good idea to assemble a
> small "hit team" that would take some high profile open source projects
> and make sure they worked with Postgres. Bugzilla would be the most
> obvious candidate, but there are certainly others. I suspect that could
> be quite productive, though.

Good thought, but a hit team is not the right answer, because any project
that would have been "hit" in this way will just go bad again the moment
its database layer is changed.  What would work better are "consultants":
people that hang around on the other project's mailing lists, offer advise
on database layer modelling and implementation, do clean up tasks, check
regularly if everything works with the PG development branch, be there
when the developers of that other project have a question.  I've been
doing a bit of that, and my sensation is that most developers of
database-backed applications are dying to have people like that at their
disposal.

--
Peter Eisentraut   [EMAIL PROTECTED]