Peter Eisentraut wrote:

The Samba build daemon suite is pretty good. We have a couple of those
hosts in our office in fact. (I think they're building PostgreSQL
regularly as well.) A tip: You might find that adopting the source code
of the Samba suite to PostgreSQL is harder than writing a new one.

Yes, I agree. I have looked at it for ideas, but not for code. I'm not using rsync or anything like that, for instance. I'm going for something very simple to start with.

Essentially what I have is something like this pseudocode:

 cvs update
 check if there really was an update and if not exit
 configure; get config.log
 make 2>&1 | make-filter >makelog
 make check 2>&1 | check-filter > checklog
 (TBD) send config status, make status, check status, logfiles
 make distclean

The send piece will probably be a perl script using LWP and talking to a CGI script.

cheers

andrew

http://archives.postgresql.org