Rod Taylor wrote:

I think maybe the simplest thing is for me to prepare a patch that rips that code out and replaces it with a (slightly simpler - less umask hacking required, I think) piece of code that I will write.

The FreeBSD folks sorted it out for us.

Everyones names should be in the copyright for the file. The licence
portion should be the 3 clause version -- no advertising clause.

Whose names? It's not easily discoverable from browsing the CVS tree. I would probably spend as much time, if not more, finding out as in rewriting the 40 or so lines of code required.

I think borrowing should be encouraged, and now that we know what license / copyright we need to carry over, this can be done without worry.

I'm a fan of borrowing, but not if it causes headaches.

I'll hold off for a bit in case I've misunderstood something.

<troll>Of course, now that SCO is claiming ownership of BSD code ..... </troll>

cheers

andrew

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 5: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?