Le Vendredi 21 Novembre 2003 19:47, Tom Lane a Ãcrit :
> I think the main value of a build farm is that we'd get nearly immediate
> feedback about the majority of simple porting problems. ÂYour previous
> arguments that it wouldn't smoke everything out are certainly valid ---
> but we wouldn't abandon the regression tests just because they don't
> find everything. ÂImmediate feedback is good because a patch can be
> fixed while it's still fresh in the author's mind.

Dear friends,

We have a small build farm for pgAdmin covering Win32, FreeBSD and most GNU/
Linux systems. See http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/download.php#snapshots

The advantage are immediate feedback and correction of problems. Also, in a
release cycle, developers and translators are quite motivated to see their
work published fast.

Of course, it is always hard to "mesure" the real impact of a build farm. My
opinion it that it is quite positive, as it helps tighten the links between
people, which is free software is mostly about.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel PourÃ