Tom Lane wrote:

Andrew Dunstan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Tom Lane wrote:

I've been able to reproduce this on one of my machines, and it's nasty.

In that case I'm confused about why this code compiles on my machine:

What compiler are you using? I'm using gcc 2.95.3 (on the machine that shows the failure), and I think Bruce is also using something less than the latest. It's possible that more recent gcc's are able to figure out that the reference to free_func should be interpreted as a parameter name and not a typedef.

In fact, trying your test program fails here:

$ gcc -Wall zzz.c
zzz.c:8: parse error before `free_func'
zzz.c:8: parse error before `)'
$

so "compiler difference" definitely seems to be the answer.

gcc version 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5)

cheers

andrew

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 5: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?