Marc G. Fournier wrote:

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, Tom Lane wrote:

Andrew Dunstan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

The minimal disturbance change might be to teach the parser to
distinguish between a quoted 'all' and an unquoted 'all', and forget the
'*' idea.

Probably we ought to go with that, on backwards-compatibility grounds.

why not do both, but deprecate the use of all in the docs? say with an eventual goal of removing the use of all altogether in 2 releases?

The extra value is fairly low IMNSHO if we can distinguish between a magical and a non-magical 'all' - see the patch I just submitted.

cheers

andrew

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 5: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?