On Sunday 28 December 2003 09:03 am, Gaetano Mendola wrote:
> Sander Steffann wrote:
> > This is because when I built the RPMs for RedHat there were little
> > differences between the different RedHat releases that caused the builds
> > to fail. I had to make minor adjustments for each platform, which is why
> > there are so many different release versions. The contents of the RPMs is
> > identical, only the build instructions differ. The SRPMs for all these
> > versions are at http://opensource.nederland.net/PostgreSQL/.

> Gasp! Another site popped up ! Why aren't these SRPMs in an official
> Postgresql site ?

They are.  See
ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary/v7.4/redhat/redhat-6.2/postgresql-7.4-0.4PGDG.src.rpm

as an example.

Sander hosts his own site; and that's OK.  I did the same back when I first
got started do this from my own server.  Then Marc allowed me to directly
upload.

> I'll do it tomorrow, or is may be better do it for the 7.4.1 ?

If you'll hold off a few days both 7.4.1 and 7.3.5 RPMs are due to be
released.  At that point building on various distributions and setting up
torrents will be done.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology