Thomas Swan wrote:

The \d* commands work from psql but not from anywhere else. Try getting the information from a PHP script by sending a "\dS" query. It doesn't work. If the same queries were stored in the backend and referenced by psql and also could be referenced by other scripts, this would be a good thing and keep the work centralized. If the queries were in the backend, the psql users could keep the \dS command but it would call an internal function or execute a queried stored in the system tables.

<leibnitz-mode> I just independently had this idea, so I like it :-) </liebnitz-mode>

cheers

andrew

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster