On Jan 21, 2004, at 12:19 PM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
I think "output XML" is just buzz.  Give us a real use scenario and an
indication that a majority also has that use scenario (vs. the other
ones listed above), then we can talk.

I do this all the time.

I have JDBC code to take a java.sql.ResultSet and push out SAX events in a standard schema. I also have a XSLT stylesheet that formats them in a decent way. In this manner, it's very easy for me to make database-driven webpages. I can inherit the "normal" stylesheet and then just code the exceptions.

However, I'm quite happy doing this on the client side. I'm not sure why it would be beneficial to do this as part of the PostgreSQL server.

Scott Lamb

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 5: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?