--On Monday, March 22, 2004 12:33:56 -0500 Bruce Momjian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Larry Rosenman wrote:
> One other option is to disable threads on this platform for 7.5 unless
> we find another platforms that need this to use threads.  That is the
> direction I will take for the moment.  If someone needs a threaded
> libpq on this platform, then can enable threads, compile libpq alone,
> and rename it with a thread extension.

This will be a REGRESSION from 7.4. I object STRENUOUSLY to this tack.

I want to see threads enabled for this platform since it is a threaded
kernel.

What do we have to do to get there?   What code do I need to write for
y'all?

I have disabled the threading option for that platform. If someone else wants to work with Larry and the community on a solution, feel free. I am done for now, no matter how much Larry "STRENUOUSLY" objects.

Why so nasty? If you didn't know, I was RIF'd from Internet America on Friday, and have some free time available to code for a bit.

I really, really, really want to see threads enabled for libpq for this platform, especially since SCO will be distributing it at some point in time.

What code do we need?

LER

Phone: +1 972-414-9812                 E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]