--On Monday, March 22, 2004 12:49:00 -0500 Tom Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Larry Rosenman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
I really, really, really want to see threads enabled for libpq for this
platform, especially since SCO will be distributing it at some point in
time.

I think very few of the folks on this list will see that as a reason why they should expend any effort; more likely the opposite.

If you can fix it yourself in a reasonably non-intrusive way, we'll take
the patch ... that's about the extent of the cooperation you can expect.
would a dlsym-based solution be accepted? I.E. wrap the pthread_* calls
in libpq, and if the real ones are present, use them, else return a static variable?

regards, tom lane

-- Larry Rosenman http://www.lerctr.org/~ler Phone: +1 972-414-9812 E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] US Mail: 1905 Steamboat Springs Drive, Garland, TX 75044-6749