On Sat, 24 Apr 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

> > First I thought that one can store the string with case all the time, and
> > just convert when needed (when comparing identifiers).
>
> People keep suggesting these random not-quite-standard behaviors, but
> I fail to see the point.  Are you arguing for exact standards
> compliance, or not?

That was me making conversation, pointing out something that does not
work. Since it does not work I don't want it to be implemented. And with
work I mean not follow the standard.

For something to follow standard it has to behave the correct way to the
outside, how it's implemented is a different matter. The above does not
work. Period.

--
/Dennis Björklund