Robert Treat wrote:

IMHO apps that apply quoted identifiers willy nilly are busted anyway,

Not really. Sometimes the app itself will be very consistent, never applying quotes, but an underlying driver will always apply quotes. The result is a mixed behaviour. There is nothing you or me can do about that. Notice that in the above case, neither app nor driver are violating their mandate, and both are well within their right to do so.

So long as the behaviour is regulated by a standard, there is nothing you and I can say against such practices.

Oh well... let's see if we can find a way to support both...

You are welcome to join the other leg of this thread, then. That one is not CCed to advocacy, as it is 100% technical.

Robert Treat

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh