Marc G. Fournier wrote:

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:

I know it's a chicken and egg problem, do we set a date for developers
to shoot for, or do shoot for specific features and choose a date from
there. I think there can no hard and fast rule on this, it depends on
the feature and the desire to put it in place.

If we set the date based on a specific featuer, v7.4 would still be in development ...

And if we always set deadlines independent of the required development time, then we may never get a win32 port or any other major feature that takes a little more time and attention.