Bruce Momjian wrote:
Well, if Win32 doesn't complete by June 1, do we still do the feature
freeze?  I don't want to be adding features after the freeze, that is
for sure.  When we have done that in the past, it has caused problems
because some stuff gets in to make the system unstable, but other stuff
gets left out.

It seams as though the win32 port is driving the release schedule, so instead of picking June 1 out of the air, how about getting an estimated time for completion from them, or more specifically a date by which they should have all the major features done?

I know it's a chicken and egg problem, do we set a date for developers to shoot for, or do shoot for specific features and choose a date from there. I think there can no hard and fast rule on this, it depends on the feature and the desire to put it in place.

Matthew