On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:

Added to TODO:

* Consider parallel processing a single query

 This would involve using multiple threads or processes to do optimization,
 sorting, or execution of single query.  The major advantage of such a
 feature would be to allow multiple CPUs to work together to process a
 single query.

Do we have 'make backend thread safe' listed yet? As I recall it, until that gets done, parallelization of anything was considered to be a relatively onerous task, no?

---- Marc G. Fournier Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org) Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Yahoo!: yscrappy ICQ: 7615664