Simon Riggs wrote:
On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 10:35 -0700, Alon Goldshuv wrote:
2) A modified command syntax for introducing a direct single row error
handling. By direct I mean - a row that if rejected from within the COPY

5) allow an ERRORLIMIT to allow control of aborting a load after a certain
number of errors (and a pre-requisite for this is point number 2 above).

2) and 5) seem critical for combined usability & performance with real
world data.

I'll second that! This would be a huge win for one of my real world applications, whether implemented as a new command, or as added capability on top of COPY. The other performance enhancements would certainly be nice to have also, but in my experience not nearly as important as these two.

Joe

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq