Pavel Stehule wrote:

What do you think about it? It's broke PL/SQL compatibility, I know, but via last discussion I have opinion so Oracle compatibility isn't main objective PL/pgSQL. There is some less/bigger diferencess: SQLSTATE, EXCEPTION from my last proposal, atd.

Well, yes, but I don't think we should break compatibility arbitrarilly. I guess it could be argued that this is a missing feature in PL/SQL and its Ada parent - implementing GOTO just to handle this case seems unnecessary.

I agree with Tom that it should only be allowed inside a loop.

cheers

andrew