Michael Paesold wrote:

Andreas Pflug wrote:

For the second, please supply a patch that moves _all_ of dbsize into
the main server.  I think we have agreement on that.

I don't think so. As I mentioned, those views are broken. Do you want them to be in core anyway?

Why is e.g. this one broken:
int8 database_size(name) - Return the size of the database in
bytes (by name)

It should do the same as the one with the oid except that it will resolve the name first, no? If not it should be fixed, not dropped. I understand you'd like to have those functions for the GUI frontends, but what about psql users? For many people it will be hard work to type the subquery to get the database oid.

I vote for all (possibly corrected) functions to be moved into core.

You're correct about the functions, but I was talking about the views. "WHERE name = $1" won't respect the schema, contrary to the current doc.

Regards,
Andreas

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster