Christopher Browne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> There are essentially four choices:

Aside:

I suppose there are as many possible choices as there are bytecode
compiled systems out there.  One could consider Icon, CLISP, Python,
PHP, OCAML, CMU/CL, all of which have bytecode compilers.

But none of those VMs are particularly intended to be reused/abused
for other purposes; they were designed for the convenience of the
respective language implementors.

Mind you, the Icon VM is probably pretty stable by now :-).
--
(format nil "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" "cbbrowne" "acm.org")
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/sap.html

       match