On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 03:58:43PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Marko Kreen <marko@l-t.ee> writes:
> > Oh, ofcourse I would not need to break it, if the interesting
> > settings can be put into eg. src/Makefile.config (.in), and
> > I include that one.
>
> You mean Makefile.global.in, no?  That seems fine to me.

No, thats the point - the PGXS include also includes
Makefile.global, and including it twice does not work.

> > But that case would break if top_srcdir is not ../..
>
> No it wouldn't.

How can I find the top dir?

Hm, actually, I can do $(dir $(PGXS))../Makefile.config

So, yes it would work.

So here's the variants:

1) contrib/pgcrypto/Makefile.in
2) src/Makefile.config.in

I think I like 2) more, thus pgcrypto would not be
special among contrib modules.  It could be useful for
other modules aswell.

Also 1) would break postgresql-base build, no?  It
could be probably avoided with some shell scripting
but it would be still inelegant.

Comments?

--
marko