On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 10:10:12AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Marko Kreen <marko@l-t.ee> writes:
> > Result is - it's not so bad.  As I used rijndael.c to provide
> > OpenSSL's own interface, I even got rid of all the ifdefs inside
> > the code.
>
> Looks good, but I'm still getting these compile warnings:
>
> openssl.c: In function `ossl_des3_ecb_encrypt':
> openssl.c:484: warning: passing arg 1 of `DES_ecb3_encrypt' from incompatible
> pointer type
> openssl.c:484: warning: passing arg 2 of `DES_ecb3_encrypt' from incompatible
> pointer type
> openssl.c: In function `ossl_des3_ecb_decrypt':
> openssl.c:498: warning: passing arg 1 of `DES_ecb3_encrypt' from incompatible
> pointer type
> openssl.c:498: warning: passing arg 2 of `DES_ecb3_encrypt' from incompatible
> pointer type
>
> The following addition to the patch shuts up gcc with openssl 0.9.7a,
> but I'm not sure if it will break anything with older openssl ---
> comments?

They won't matter on older OpenSSL, as the macros will recast
again.  But on 0.9.7e the signature is:

void DES_ecb3_encrypt(const unsigned char *input, unsigned char *output,
              DES_key_schedule *ks1,DES_key_schedule *ks2,
              DES_key_schedule *ks3, int enc);

so it seems to me that with your patch the warnings will appear
on newer OpenSSL.  (Confirmed)

--
marko

       match