Tom Lane wrote:
Ron Mayer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
I think the real reason Oracle and others practically re-wrote
their own VM-system and filesystems is that at the time it was
important for them to run under Windows98; where it was rather
easy to write better filesystems than your customer's OS was
bundled with.

Windows98?  No, those decisions predate any thought of running Oracle
on Windows, probably by decades.  But I think the thought process was
about as above whenever they did make it; they were running on some
pretty stupid OSes way back when.

Windows XP?

               http://archives.postgresql.org

                    http://www.commandprompt.com/