Alvaro Herrera wrote:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 02:58:11PM -0400, Mark Woodward wrote:
The reality is that MySQL is widely supported by some very, shall we say,
"interesting" open source projects and using these products with
PostgreSQL would be a plus.
The biggest headache I find with using postgres is that various GPL
licenced programs have trouble directly shipping postgresql support
because of our use of OpenSSL. Each and every one of those program
needs to add an exception to their licence for distributors to
distribute postgresql support.
Why would that be the case... OpenSSL and PostgreSQL both are BSD licensed... Am I missing something?

Advertising clause.  PostgreSQL doesn't have it, OpenSSL does.

Is that the same clause that caused the XFree86/X.Org fork?

             http://www.commandprompt.com/

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster