That's not something that Windows Installer does - we'd have to write
some code to do it at the end of the installation, then call it as a
custom action. Actually it'd probably be fairly trivial, but I'm having
a hard time imagining why anyone would be relying on the existence of
postmaster.exe anyway, unless they were packaging their own release in
which case it's their problem anyhoo.

Regards, Dave.

               http://archives.postgresql.org