Hi,

I already tried to mail [EMAIL PROTECTED] but my message was stalled.

Version: 8.1.4 (binary for win32)
OS: Windows XP SP2

I type: pg_dump -h localhost -U postgres database_name and there is no
question for the password.

I haven't made changes to pg_hba.conf. I'm logged in as user "admin",
not "postgres", the password is not empty.

my pg_hba.conf:

# ...
# TYPE DATABASE USER CIDR-ADDRESS METHOD

# IPv4 local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5

without the -h localhost, I get the same (complete) dump

SHOW hba_file;
gives me:
d:/program files/postgreSQL/8.1/data/pg_hba.conf
(I only have one file named pg_hba.conf on my computer.

I tried again with "pg_dump -U postgres -W database_name" when I enter
the right password it passes, with the wrong one it denies me, without
the "-W" it lets me pass.

thanks and bye,
Thomas

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster