Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
Andrew Dunstan wrote:
Can one of the Windows buildfarm owners please try building and running "make check" by hand rather than using the buildfarm script? It looks like they all stopped reporting around the same time, and this might give us a better clue about when things fall over.

Also, if you're up for it, please try reversing this patch, which looks innocuous enough, but is the only thing I can see in the relevant time period that looks at all suspicious: http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2006-07/msg00256.php

will see what i can do(it definitly hangs in make check here too) - but
this issue seem to kill my box up to the point where it is impossible to
login(!) and i have to hard-reboot it.
Looks like it is churning CPU like mad when that happens ...

Does it get past the initdb stage? Past db startup? Past creating the regression db? Run any tests and report results?

cheers

andrew