I’m new in postgres SQL and I have some questions about the space where postgres process run.
1-Can any body say me what libs use postgres for make system calls, for example LIBC?
2-Can any body talk me if some postgres process can run in Linux kernel space?
3- Some body knows if exist some projects that ports postgres process on Linux kernel space.
I was read some source code of postgres, like,
Postgres.C and others…
I was found C instructions like Printf, that’s prohibitive for Linux kernel applications, for example in kernel mode we use printk.
I suppose that postgres are ported in a user space only. I’m Ok?
- [HACKERS] Postgres Process in Kernel Mode? moises
- Re: [HACKERS] Postgres Process in Kernel Mode? Alvaro Herrera
- [HACKERS] OSCON fallout - Compressed Annealing o... Chris Browne
- Re: [HACKERS] Postgres Process in Kernel Mode? Chris Browne
- Re: [HACKERS] Postgres Process in Kernel Mode? Lexington Luthor