Robert Treat wrote:
On Wednesday 02 August 2006 18:04, Bruce Momjian wrote:
I am thinking we will portray 8.2 as a release focused on usability
improvements.  We do have a few large features, like perhaps bit-mapped
indexes, but in general, the release has a lot of additions that make
things easier to use, rather than adding new features or performance.

In theory I agree with you, though it would be nice to get an updated copy of the release notes before we solidify that judgement. Any eta on when you plan to do them up? (Yeah, I realize we haven't applied all patches yet)

On a side note... has the on-disk format changed for this release? I don't recall seeing anything that changed it, but could have easily missed something.

Well if an initdb was not required, I think that would be a huge feature ;) (I know it may not work release over release)

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster