----- Original Message ----- From: "Bruce Momjian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Pavel Stehule" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <dev@archonet.com>; <pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 1:49 AM
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] proposal for PL packages for 8.3.

Or we could just add local variables to schema and dispense with
PACKAGES entirely.

Sure, makes more sense to me.  I don't think people want Oracle syntax
as much as Oracle packages capabilities.

   Is it would be nice , if packages have been ;

   1. Package level variables (Public variables)
   2. Package member level variables (Private variable)
   3. Public and private package members
4. Syntax must be as closer as plpgsql (declaration, assingment etc) rather than any syntax that we have to learn :-)

Best regards

Adnan DURSUN
ASRIN Bilisim Ltd.

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend