*
domains.c contains the followng snippet in domain_in():

   else* *if* (my_extra->domain_type != domainType)
                domain_state_setup(my_extra, domainType, false,
                                                   fcinfo->flinfo->fn_mcxt);

We were just looking at this code (in the context of implementing enums) and wondered when this case might arise. Would it be when more than one domain is used in a table row? Or are we smarter than that?

Putting it another way, how often are fcinfo/flinfo created and reused?

TIA

cheers

andrew

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq