I will try to draw all this together today or tomorrow. It's not only the FAQ that should be patched - the docs and the FAQ should agree with each other.

In fact, this info arguably belongs in one place only. Which should it be?

cheers

andrew

Bruce Momjian wrote:
I am still waiting for an actual patch to the developer's FAQ for this.

Gregory Stark wrote:
Andrew Dunstan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I use more or less what is in the developers' FAQ (not surprising, since I
contributed it). It works just fine for me. See
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_DEV.html#item1.9

We should probably bring the docs in line with that, unless someone with more
emacs-fu than me has something to add.
Oh, I've been meaning to email about this. There's a file in the source tree
but it's buggy. The code in your FAQ seems ok, but I prefer the way I've done
it:

(add-hook 'c-mode-hook
          (function
(lambda nil (if (string-match "pgsql" buffer-file-name)
                 (progn
                   (c-set-style "bsd")
(setq c-basic-offset 4) (setq tab-width 4)
                   (c-set-offset 'case-label '+)
                   (setq indent-tabs-mode t)
                   )
               ))))