Josh Berkus wrote:
Josh,

Well, you could grep for the latest $PostgreSQL$ header line's commit
date, but I kinda wonder why exactly you should need to do that.  If you
don't know when you pulled the snapshot you are testing, I submit you
have a process problem you ought to fix.
These aren't PostgreSQL test people, but folks from Java and the like
testing other stuff.  And they're pulling the build from ftp:/pub/dev/,
not from CVS.
O.k. but why aren't they submitting pgsql-bugs?

Believe me, you don't want these people submitting bugs unfiltered by me. Especially since they can't remember when they grabbed the snapshot.

Heh, o.k. I can definitely respect that :)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster