On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 12:13:29PM +0200, Albe Laurenz wrote:
> > Applied, but without that last part.  It builds OK for me on Darwin,
> > which is moderately picky about that sort of thing, but someone should
> > try AIX.
>
> It builds fine on AIX 5.3 as long as you tell it to link with
> libpq.so. Static builds against libpq.a will fail.
>
> Should -lldap or -lldap_r be added to pg_config --libs?
> If yes, which of them?

Static links are going to require it on every platform, not just AIX.
The question do we want to ask is how easy do we want to make static
linking, because the same treatment will have to apply to -lssl,
-lcrypto, -lkrb5, -lk5crypto and quite possibly others. Do we really
want to go there?

Have a nice day,