Hi,

What's the status of the bitmap index patch? Have you worked on it since the last posted patch (http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2006-08/msg00003.php)?

I've started to review it, to get it into CVS early in the 8.3 cycle. I just want to make sure that I'm working on the latest version.

Beside the issues already discussed, I found two minor bugs:
* pg_am says that bitmap am supports unique indexes, while it doesn't. Second, * race condition in _bitmap_inserttuple if two backends try to insert the same, new value. If they both find that there's no lov item for the key, and try to create one, one backend will get a duplicate key error on the lov index.

Also, vacuum actually does a reindex, which seems awfully wasteful. That needs to be looked at.

--
 Heikki Linnakangas

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq