"Magnus Hagander" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> Well, I can just wire that value into get_stack_depth_rlimit,
>> I suppose, but it sounds crocky.

> If we do, we probably move it to a define (which could just be in the
> Makefile) so we don't accidenally change one without the other, no?

I think we'd have to put the define in Makefile.global, which seems like
overkill ... but OTOH, seeing that it's textually in two places in
backend/Makefile already, maybe that's the best way.  The alternative is
to stick a comment in each place referencing the other(s) ...

>> There's no way to tell at runtime what value was set?

> None that I know of, and none that I can find in a quick search of the
> API docs. A google shows up a couple of references to other people
> saying it can't be done. (Other than opening your own EXE file and
> manually parsing the PE header, but that seems at least as bad..)

I agree, that's right out.  Hardwired it shall be.

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq