> Mark,
>
>> No one could expect that this could happen by 8.2, or the release after
>> that, but as a direction for the project, the "directors" of the
>> PostgreSQL project must realize that the dump/restore is becomming like
>> the old locking vacuum problem. It is a *serious* issue for PostgreSQL
>> adoption and arguably a real design flaw.
>
> "directors"?  (looks around)  Nobody here but us chickens, boss.
>
> If you're really interested in pg_upgrade, you're welcome to help out.
> Gavin
> Sherry, Zdenek, and Jonah Harris are working on it (the last separately,
> darn
> it).

This is the most frustrating thing, I *wan't* to do these things, but I
can't find any companies that are willing to pay me to do it, and having
kids, I don't have the spare time to do it.

I *have* a recommendations system already, but I can't even find the time
to do the NetFlix Prize thing.

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster