On 10/15/06, Luke Lonergan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Martijn,
The killer use-case we've identified is for the scattered I/O associated
with index + heap scans in Postgres.  If we can issue ~5-15 I/Os in advance
when the TIDs are widely separated it has the potential to increase the I/O
speed by the number of disks in the tablespace being scanned.  At this
point, that pattern will only use one disk.

did you have a chance to look at posix_fadvise?

merlin