Ted Petrosky wrote:
I am trying to create the libpq.a as a universal binary (both ppc and intel macs). Does anyone have any information on this process?

I use the following notes to build libpq and the bin/ tools to ship with pgAdmin. I know it is possible to build the entire server, as a Universal binary, but I could never make it work and haven't had time to spend on it. Comments welcome :-)

======
Building the entire server as a Universal binary doesn't seem to work at
present, so, we build the backend as an architecture specific build,
then create libpq and the tools as Universal binaries over the top.

# ./configure --with-openssl --prefix=/usr/local/
# make all; make install

# make distclean
# CFLAGS="-isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -arch ppc -arch
i386" LDFLAGS="-Wl,-syslibroot,/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -arch ppc
-arch i386" ./configure --with-openssl --prefix=/usr/local
# make all

Note - this step will fail, but is required to complete the build of the tools.

# cd src/interface/libpq
# make all; make install
# cd ../../bin
# make all; make install