Stephen Frost wrote:

* David Boreham ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
Fascinating thread for the holidays. I found it interesting that nobody has mentioned NSS (former Netscape SSL library). It has its own bag of problems of course, but for me is potentially more attractive than GNU TLS. e.g. it has FIPS-140 certification and is actively under development by a software company with significant resources. It's also very widely deployed. I'm not saying that OpenSSL is bad (it'd probably be my
first choice), just that there is another option besides GNU TLS.

Not sure what license that's under,

From http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/nss/:
'NSS is available under the Mozilla Public License, the GNU General Public License, and the GNU Lesser General Public License.'

      match