Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
>> sure that ISP is a bit stupid(especially wrt plpgsql) - but tsearch2
>> in the current version is actually imposing some additional(often
>> non-trivial) complexity for things like database restores and
>> upgrades so I can see an ISP wanting to avoid that altogether.
> I have never used tsearch2 across an upgrade, so what exactly are those
> problems and why would they be specific to tsearch2?

Tsearch2 changes things occasionally from release to release which make
upgrades impossible with a standard pg_dump/pg_restore. I would have to
double check (because I always work around the problem now) but IIRC
there have been function call changes that are different from one
release to the next.

Joshua D. Drake

Donate to the PostgreSQL Project:
PostgreSQL Replication: