Bruce Momjian wrote:
OK, text trimmed down to a hint:

  Environment variables on Windows are set as a property of <literal>My

Bottom line: do we really want to document for people how to use
Windows? I don't see us documenting how to set an environment variable
in Unix... And *if* we want to do it, might it live better in the
Windows FAQ?

I think environment variables are used rarely enough on Win32 that we
should supply a hint.

I think every Windows administrator who is not totally clueless knows how to set the environment. Maybe home users don't use it much, but admins certainly need to know about it.